Who am i?

I am not a Doctor and do not have a PhD.  I am a PGA of Canada “A” Professional, PGA of BC Member and former PGA Tour of Canada player with victories at the Junior, Collegiate, Amateur and Professional level.

I teach the golf swing and coach the mental side of golf.

I never stop learning to discover why we play golf the way we do! I have studied and researched golf for the past twenty five years and was lucky enough to gain a wealth of experience and knowledge along the fairways.  I am here to share this knowledge with our future champions. 

WHAT I DO?

I am here to share this experience of "driving the range of the mind!" 

Areas for exploration include putting, full swing, short game, sports psychology, goal setting, visualization, breath control, college preparation, pre-shot routine, tournament scheduling, meditation, self image, strategy, accountability and much more.

I take the game of the golf, on and off the driving range, on and off the putting green and inside of our brains.  I am here to share in the journey of belief.

WHY IT MATTERs?

Most of us know that the game of golf is played "upstairs". There are very few opportunities to work on the mental side.  Many elite players have swing coaches and personal trainers however very few add a mental coach or sport psychologist to their roster. 

I am here to guide you to chase your dreams through real life experience and here to help you become the player that you deserve to be through the latest swing techniques and working on the mental side. 

"Golf is 80% Mental, 10% Ability and 10% Luck" - Jack Nicklaus

Golf is 90% mental and the other 10% is mental too" - Jim Flick

"Golf is 90% Mental and 35% Psychology" - Chi Chi Rodriguez

"Golf is 20% technique and 80% mental" - Ben Hogan

Colin BykowskI

Professional Bio

Colin coaches out of the Triactus Golf Academy and specializing in high performance junior golf development. 

Born in Edmonton, Alberta and raised in beautiful Tsawwassen, BC., Colin turned professional in 2004 after a successful Junior, Collegiate and Amateur career with victories at every level. As an Amateur, Colin played in six consecutive national championships, and traveled to Scotland, the home of golf, to participate in the 2001 British Amateur Championship. After turning Professional he traveled to Australia in the mid 2000’s to play on the Australasian Tour. Upon returning home he joined the PGA of Canada and qualified for the 2005 Canadian Tour.  

Colin is a graduate of the Professional Golf Management Program (Camosun College). Further certifications include the Foresight Sports Peak Training Program, Trackman University, and the National Coaching Certification Program (PGA of Canada). He is also an expert in V1 Sports, BodiTrak and the SAM PuttLab. He sees technology as an incredible tool to further his students’ progress.

Colin started teaching golf in 2004 and has since worked with hundreds of students, racking up thousands of hours of teaching experience. An avid reader, he has collected hundreds of books on golf and has studied all of the greatest teachers from every generation. Colin’s teaching philosophy is: build a solid foundation of fundamentals, create a flawless swing plane, relentlessly pursue a sharp short game, while never neglecting the importance of the mental game. 

Colin’s passion for the game has fuelled his nearly three decades in the sport. He is humbled beyond words to be sharing his love of golf with the next generation of aspiring competitors.

Low competitive round: 64

Holes in One: 6

       IDEATE; TO FORM AN IMAGE IN THE MIND